Coconut Cacao Bites
I have a sweet tooth, a force that overpowers all my intentions to be away from desserts and sugar. But believe me, you can be away from sugar without really giving up on desserts.
I have been trying my hand on a lot of sugar-free recipes and I am amazed how I can satisfy my sweet cravings without the use of sugar.
Here’s one such dessert recipe with the goodness of raw coconut, nuts, and cacao. Yes, I mean cacao powder and not cocoa powder. Cacao is the purest form of chocolate, the highest source of antioxidants, is raw and much less processed than cocoa powder.
So indulge your sweet cravings with this delicious and healthy dessert!
- 1cup, shredded coconut (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2cup, unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup, almonds
- 1/2 cup, walnuts
- 1/2 cup, organic cacao powder
- 1tbsp, coconut butter
- 2tbsp, maple syrup/honey or a handful of pitted dates
- 1/2cup, coconut cream
- Add all the ingredients (except the coconut cream) to a blender and blend together till mixed well into a dough ball.
- Take out the dough into a bowl and mix well using a spatula or with your hands.
- Spread the mixture on a parchment paper and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Cut into cubes using a cookie cutter. Assemble into sandwiches by spreading the coconut cream between the layers.
- Serve by garnishing the bite-sized sandwiches with some powdered coconut.