Roasted Carrot Salad
Do you have those baby carrots lying in your fridge that you don’t want to munch on? Well, here is a truly delicious salad with the goodness of carrots tossed with some greens.
I had a roasted carrot salad at a restaurant recently and just loved it. It was so good that next time I also took my husband, who is not a salad person at all and he loved it as well.
I always get baby carrots while grocery shopping with the goal that I will eat them raw but that bag mostly ends up lying in the fridge. So I decided to try and recreate this salad for dinner the other day and it turned out great. Since then I never have a left over bag of carrots now 🙂
- 2 1/2 cup, baby carrots (or regular carrots, sliced)
- A handful, Arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup, Alfalfa sprouts
- Dried cranberries
- Sunflower seeds
- Feta cheese (optional)
- 2 cloves, garlic
- 1tbsp, cumin seeds
- 1tbsp, coriander seeds
- 1tsp, black peppercorns
- 1tbsp, maple syrup
- 1tbsp, lemon zest
- 2tbsp, melted coconut oil
- Sea salt
- 2tpsb, Greek yogurt
- 4-5 strigs, Coriander leaves chopped
- 1tsp, minced garlic
- 1tsp, lemon juice
- 1pinch, ground black pepper
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven at 350° F. Start with creating the marinate for the carrots. In a mortar, add garlic, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, peppercorns, lemon zest, sea salt and make a coarse paste. Then mix the coconut oil and maple syrup to this paste. You can use a blender if the mortar is not handy.
- Toss the baby carrots with this spice paste and bake in the preheated oven for about 30 – 35 mins.
- Combine together all the ingredients for the dressing and mix well.
- Once the baby carrots are roasted, lay them on a bed of arugula leaves and alfalfa sprouts, add the dressing and drizzle with some dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, feta cheese, nuts and serve while the carrots are warm.
- You can also roast the carrots ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator.
So why wait, turn that boring bag of carrots into a delicious meal tonight!